R& Original – The World Needs Less
For us, as a creative house, sustainability is a matter of the heart. It is our own responsibility to set concrete guidelines and to keep improving. We follow our principles on set, as well as in our office, and in our bar.
Joint green statement – our vision and mission.
Das R& has been B Corp certified!
After three years of thorough examination, we are proud to announce – our business is B Corp certified.
What is B Corp anyway?
Only those companies or brands that practice responsible, transparent, and diligent business, and consider the effects of their decisions on all stakeholders along their supply chain, will be B Corp certified. During the certification process, we answered hundreds of questions from the B Corp team on governance/leadership, employees, community, environment and customers and passed that examination evidently.
What does this mean for our future?
Obviously, the certification is a great reason to celebrate, but for us, this is just the beginning. It’s another milestone in our journey towards a holistically practiced business future. Being part of the B Corp community means continuous improvement and collective action – a challenge, we’re definitely up for.
Here you’ll find the measures we take, to transform our company to a greener and (on the longrun) almost climate neutral company. Our green transformation has begun – also with the support of our eco friendly film catering TASTY PLANET. Follow us on our journey to a more sustainable future.
The Austrian Eco Label
For us, as a creative house, sustainability is a matter of the heart. It is our own responsibility to set concrete guidelines and to keep improving. We follow our principles on set, as well as in our office, and in our bar. Receiving the Austrian eco-label as the first commercial film production company proved to us that we are on the right way. However, we are already thinking about the next steps to achieve even better results for our one and only planet Earth.
Meatless rules – we are aware that the meat industry is responsible for 15% of all man-made greenhouse gas.
Our catering service TASTY PLANET, only serves vegetarian or vegan dishes. Also, at the office, we only offer dishes without meat.
Next to sustainability and protection of the environment, we care about holistic values:
•Respect for life
•Prevention of pandemic diseases
•Avoidance of antibiotic resistance
•Preservation of wildlife
•Preservation of biodiversity
•Prevention of water pollution
•Prevention of soil erosions
Our meal plan is balanced, satisfying and optimized to provide enough energy to get efficiently through a day of work.
If you think you can’t make it without meat, you’ll have to bring your own meal to work. But we’re sure that our green offerings
will make you feel satisfied as well.
In terms of energy management, we have switched to an ecological provider.
• Prevention of emission trade
• Prevention of misleading practices by different energy providers
• Scope 1 emissions, which include direct greenhouse (GHG) are reduced by 90% in comparison to conventional energy
Possible (long-term-) alternatives: generating own electricity through photovoltaic systems on the roof. Usage of energy-saving bulbs/LEDs.
Saving energy and, by that, also avoiding CO2 emissions. Increase of AC-temperature in the server-room from 18°C degrees to a »maximum« of 21°C.
Air conditioning is an energy guzzler → every level of degree that the AC is increased, saves around 4% of electrical energy.
Cooling in the summer/ air circulation in the winter.
To increase of well-being and productivity in the office. The organic compound Hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) is the primary refrigerant used in air conditioning and refrigeration units and is a much more potent greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide. This is why ACs cannot be sustainable. Heating on the other side, is responsible for 15% of our emissions. We react to these conditions to save resources and improve our Scope 1 results.
Through the installation of smart thermostats and the installation of a dust- and fog-system.
Hot water bottles, warm clothes, cold facecloths.
Instead of disposable cups we use reusable ones.
• Disposable cups are a waste of resources and a waste problem in general.
• Such handling is a requirement of the Austrian Ecolabel.
• Most problematic about them is the transport, production, and the recycling process.
• Disposable cups are mostly made of paper fiber, which must be manufactured out of new material.
Also, most disposable cups are loaded with problematic substances that are made out of mineral oil or chemicals.
HOW?On all our sets we provide clean reusable cups.
We encourage our employees and freelancers to bring their own reusable bottles, cups, and thermos jugs.
Since May 2022, the disposal of plastic containers or plastic packaging in the office is not allowed
• Since plastic is made out of fossil fuels, we avoid using it.
• We avoid waste production and GHG at production as well as disposal.
• This regulation applies to all disposable containers or packagings,
as well as to disposable paper packaging and drinks that are filled in nonreturnable packages.
Exception: recyclable paper
• We suggest eating out (so there is no takeaway-waste) or using the reusable packaging we provide at Das R&.
• We also suggest ordering at restaurants that provide high-quality reusable packaging – a list of partner restaurants can be found under skoonu.com.
• Influence your favorite restaurant, so they make it possible to bring one’s own reusable packaging for takeaway.
On our green journey, we include our most important partners.
First of all: we can’t make it alone.
Second: We ask for the Scope 1 emission data of our partners (like light- and camera rental companies) so we can fulfill our own Scope 3 marks.
We raise awareness through meetings, workshops and interpersonal and professional exchange.
Avoidance of individual trips. We don’t want individuals to drive longer distances alone in one vehicle.
Mobility is one of our biggest carbon bubbles = transport means huge amounts of CO2. By enabling shared mobility,
we decrease the CO2 emissions per car and per head to a minimum.
• All transports are protocoled by the unit manager or the transport captain.
• Incentives for travel by public transport or by e-car
• Raising awareness for the problem through communication.
• Taxi rides with e-taxis: By ordering via invoice taxi company 31300 will only send e-vehicles
– the keyword is “Grüne Flotte“ → this particular measure is not feasible yet.
Activation of taxi companies to send e-cars instead of fossil fuel cars.